Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Naked Interview (05 May 2005)

Hmmm.. we heard here in Oz about the "Naked Chef". Sorry to disappoint you - it's not the chef that's naked, it's the food. I know there is a music publishing company called "Naked Music". There is also Bill Burroughs' book "The Naked Lunch" which I don't consider literature, but that's me. I think people with mental problems need help, not publishers and acclaiming critics. And now, tra ta ta ta.. we have the Naked Interpreter doing a Naked Interview!!!!
This from yesterday's edition of the Scottish Evening Times:
A TRANSLATION executive faces jail after trying to conduct an interview with a woman while he was naked.
Saeed Akbar, 35, stunned the 25-year-old job applicant when he asked if she objected to having the meeting nude. He then left his office to return naked and holding a clipboard.
Police later arrested the £25,000-a-year interpreter.
Glasgow Sheriff Court heard that on September 28 last year, the woman replied to an ad by Aplha Translating and Interpreting Services.She had been "distressed" at the interview tactics and reported him to police.
Akbar, of Dunfermline, said: "I wanted a bit of excitement that afternoon." He pleaded guilty to breach of the peace. Sentence was deferred until next month and he was placed on the Sex Offenders register.
_____________________________________________________________
What did this guy have in mind? Well, according to BBC news that day, he initially told police his strip was a consensual "role play" as part of his "tough interviewing technique". Consensual it was not, because the woman fled.
I sent this company my CV on one of those mass-mailing days. Never heard from them since, so maybe Mr Akber had a look at my professional photo and discovered I have a propensity for turtle-neck sweaters that are notoriously difficult to remove if you want to have a quickie behind the public loo blocks ala George Michael.
I have read this aloud while my headdresser was working on Dan's curls, and she - after keeling over laughing - told me that Foxtel now has "naked news" where presenters strip themselves why reading various items. Is Foxtel programming so bad that they need naked reporters? How about transparent reporting instead?

Eh ya dunya (what a world!) as we would say ...

No comments: